From NeOn Wiki
GATE Web Service
|Developed by||Diana Maynard|
|Current Version||[[current version:= <ask format="template" template="CurrentVersion" limit="1" searchlabel="" sort="version number" order="descending" default="no version available"> 1.x/GATE Web Services *</ask>]]|
|Homepage||[http://www.gate.ac.uk/projects/neon/webservices-plugin.html 1.x/GATE Web Services Website]|
The GATE web services plugin makes use of various GATE applications which perform annotation on text. The client supplies text and the service responds with semantic annotation relative to the specific ontology.
The GATE web services plugin makes use of various GATE Services which perform annotation on text. The client supplies text and the service responds with semantic annotation relative to the specific ontology. The plugin contains 4 different applications:
* SARDINE (Species Annotation and Recognition and Indexing of Named Entities) * SPRAT (Semantic Pattern Recognition and Annotation Tool) * ANNIE (Ontology Generation Based on Named Entity Recognition) * TermRaider (Automatic Terminology Extraction Tool)
- download the JAR file
- put it in the plugins directory of your Neon Toolkit
- Each of the GATE web services has the same structure - the service takes input text from one or more documents in a directory and produces as output a single OWL file containing the information extracted from the set of documents.
- To call a service, select the "Call Multi-document Web Service" option from the GATE Services menu in the NeOn Toolkit. This will present a wizard where you can select the service to call and provide the parameters it requires.
- The resulting ontologies can be viewed in the Toolkit in the usual way.